Dr. Frederick Marra understands that dental fear is one of the reasons some patients don’t visit the dentist. If your teeth aren’t getting the care they need, complex dental issues can begin to develop. However, at The Center for Complete Dental Care & Implants in Cohoes, NY, we work with each patient on an individualized basis to make their visit comfortable and informative. Dr. Marra is an experienced, compassionate dentist who is dedicated to providing state of the art dental treatments. if you are looking for a dentist you can trust, contact our Cohoes dental office. You can schedule an appointment online or call (518) 650-1930.
Manage Dental Anxiety
Managing your dental anxiety is a team effort between doctor and patient. Dr. Marra will listen to your concerns and incorporate your dental goals and needs into his treatment plan. We want each of our patients to have a successful visit to our Cohoes dental office and work closely with them to help them get the dental care they need. Patients can also manage their dental anxiety by following these tips and tricks:
- Tell us if you suffer from dental fear or anxiety. Telling a trusted dentist like Dr. Marra can help patients feel more relaxed. If you are the only person who knows about your dental fear, it is difficult for a dentist to find ways to help you. Dr. Marra is dedicated to his patients and will help find ways to make your visit successful.
- Ask question. If you worry about not being in control, don’t be afraid to ask questions. Asking questions gives you the answers you need and can help put you at ease. Knowing what is happening step by step can help alleviate some of that dental anxiety.
- Try relaxation exercises. Sometimes deep breathing can help the body return to a natural breathing pattern and help minimize panic. Find a relaxation technique that works for you.
- Sedation dentistry. Sedation dentistry is used to help patients feel relaxed and comfortable during their dental procedures. Sedation dentistry is also great for patients with extremely sensitive teeth, strong gag reflex, and patients with dental fear.
- Listen to music during your treatment. Finding other things to focus on can help alleviate some anxiety during your dental treatment.
The good news is that dental anxiety and fear in manageable. Patients just need to find ways to help manage their dental anxiety or fear. Dr. Marra is committed to each of his patients and strives to provide the dental care they need.