Modern cosmetic dental restorations are more durable and natural-looking than those used in the past, and with all of the new advancements in dental technology, trends in cosmetic dentistry are on the rise. Dentists like Dr. Frederick Marra of Capital Region Complete Dental Care & Implants in Cohoes, NY can now preserve more of the natural tooth structure when providing cosmetic treatment to patients.
Popular Cosmetic Dentistry Options
The most popular cosmetic trends are:
- Teeth Whitening: Teeth whitening is the most popular and most commonly performed cosmetic dental procedure. Dr. Marra uses a bleaching solution and a high-powered lamp to remove discoloration or stains in the enamel due to aging and normal eating and drinking habits.
- Dental Implants: Dental implants are artificial teeth that replace missing teeth individually and permanently, from the root up.
- Inlays/Onlays: Inlays and Onlays are fillings made of composite or porcelain materials. They are used on teeth that are decayed or have structural damage.
- Porcelain Veneers: Porcelain veneers are constructed of composite or porcelain laminates that are mounted on damaged, chipped or crooked teeth and attached using a bonded adhesive. If you have been unsuccessful with teeth whitening so far, porcelain veneers are another alternative for whiter, brighter teeth.
- Composite Bonding: Composite bonding involves the use of a composite bonding material to restore the shape and appearance of chipped, broken, decayed or discolored teeth.
- Smile Makeover: Smile makeovers involve Dr. Marra using more than one cosmetic procedure together to achieve the overall desired results. This combination of cosmetic treatments may include veneers, implants, sculpting or whitening depending on the condition of your teeth and mouth.
- Full Mouth Reconstruction: Full Mouth Reconstruction is used to correct functional problems with your teeth, muscles, bone structure and bite.
Dr. Marra’s Cosmetic Services
Dr. Marra offers a full range of cosmetic treatment options to improve your smile and your overall health and appearance. Our services include:
- Teeth Whitening
- Porcelain Veneers
- Tooth Bonding
- Invisible Braces
- Dental Implants & Partials
Schedule a Cosmetic Dentistry Consultation
Whether you need to have a tooth replaced or fixed, or just want to improve your smile, Dr. Marra and Capital Region Complete Dental Care are here to help you. Contact our office today at (518) 650-1930 or schedule an appointment or consultation online. Dr. Marra and his team are ready to assist you with all of your dental needs and concerns.