At the Capital Region Complete Dental Care & Implants in Cohoes, NY, Dr. Frederick Marra offers a full range of general dental care and preventive dental care services. Part of preventive dental care is performed at home. Dr. Marra works with you to create a healthy oral hygiene routine to help keep your smile healthy and functional.
In this post, we will discuss the proper ways to care for your toothbrush to ensure you are reaping the full benefits of your oral hygiene routine. Our Cohoes, NY dental office is committed to improving patient smile through informative, patient-centered dental care.
Toothbrush Care Tips
- Keep your toothbrush stored away from the toilet. When you flush, the toilet can produce air born particles that can land on the toothbrush.
- Store your toothbrush in an upright position to allow for proper drainage.
- Do not share your toothbrush with anyone. Sharing your toothbrush can lead to transmitting germs and certain illnesses.
- Thoroughly rinse your toothbrush after every use with water.
- Do not store your toothbrush in closed containers. Leaving your toothbrush in a closed, moist environment can lead to bacteria and mold growth.
- Replace your toothbrush every 3-4 months. The toothbrush may begin to fray, which makes brushing your teeth less effective. Patients should replace their toothbrush every few months or when they notice the bristles begin to fray.
Try to follow these key tips to keep your toothbrush clean. A clean toothbrush can be a useful tool in your oral health journey. If you have any questions about your oral health, we encourage you to visit The Center For Complete Dental Care & Implants in Cohoes, NY. Dr. Marra will work with you to improve the health or your smile and get you one step closer to achieving optimal oral health. To schedule an appointment, call or schedule an appointment online.